Friday, June 20, 2008

Best Cities to Live, Work and Play

No. 8: Sacramento, Calif.

Population: 2,067,117
Population Growth Since 2000: 13.1%
Percentage of Workforce in Creative Class: 34%
Cost-of-Living Index: 121.7 (100 being national average)
Median Household Income: $56,953
Income Growth Since 2000: 19.1%

Everyone who knows me know that I love the community that we live in. Sacramento has so much to offer... it's like a hidden treasure! And most people who finally come and checks it out leaves with a warm & fuzzy feeling. So imagine how happy I was to see someone else, especially a nationally respected business magazine, agree with what I've been saying all along! Every year Klipinger picks and publishes the ten best cities in which to live and work. They look for places with strong economies and abundant jobs, then demand reasonable living costs and plenty of fun things to do. I just like the place... it feels so right! People are warm, so much to do outdoors, two rivers cross the city, beautiful Lake Tahoe literally in our backyard, quick drive to some of the most beautiful places in the world; i.e. San Francisco, Napa, Monterey as well as handful of National Parks such as Yosemite, Mammoth Lake... list can go on and on.


Anyhow, see the complete article the top ten list at the following link http://www.kiplinger.com/money/bestcities/

Sacramento may be at #8, but it's also the only city in California that has made the list. Now you see, it's a wonderful place to live. Don't you wished you lived here too?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay grace! you've convinced me, i'm here!

melissa said...

You really know how to sell a city!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, i saw this article! you know, i used to live in carmichael ('92-'95). looks like it's gotten a lot nicer since i left! i really miss getting coffee and cake at la bou. do they still have those?

Grace said...

hey son... yes, I did hear somewhere that you used to live here. apparently it has grown substantially in the last 5 years or so. I've only been here 3 years, but as you can see I LOVE it here. yes, they still have la bou, but we like to go to ettores. now that's a bakery!!!