My Son, the Athlete!!!
My son's school puts out a school paper every month. For a high school paper it's rather good. Every month they feature bachelor/bachelorette of the month as well as male/female athlete. I am not sure how they determine who they will profile, but I know for certain that it is NOT based purely on their accomplishments. Few weeks ago when I picked up my son he told me that he was called into the "office" during the lunch hour. He thought, "here we go again... what did I do this time?" only to find out that they wanted to take a picture of him... to profile him as the athlete on their May publication. They also handed him some questionaire to answer. Well, here is the final result. I found it rather amusing... You see, although my son enjoys playing sports (all season), he does NOT excel in any particular sports. He is athletic, but we will not be holding our breathe for any type of sports scholarship. He did, however, make it to the championship in swimming this season... just not sectionals. Well, here... read it for yourself. BTW, the funny thing is the female athlete they profiled next to him, well, is VERY accomplished athlete. Hmmm.... do you think they did that on purpose?
Here is the cover of May issue of "the mirada"
No comments:
Post a Comment