Reflecting Back on 2007
This year was another full year... full of activities, travels and celebrations. Our children kept us busy throughout the year, with all their school works, sports and other extra-curricular activities. We also enjoyed fellowship and friendship that our friends from SKSDA has provided for us unconditionally. We were also very fortunate to have few more families move to Sacramento. I guess they have also discovered this gem of a town to raise a family!
Eddie continues to work hard for our family. Fortunately he enjoys his job and, for the most part, working with his partners & other hospital staffs. Being a new partner to his practice, he took on additional responsibility as the "financial guy" on their Board. He find time, however, to keep his golf swings in check. He also took his first backpacking trip with the SKSDA English Group to Yosemite. He had a blast and plans to take Chris & Jeff with him next time.
I continue to be a full-time SAHM (stay-at-home-mom). I still have a hard time figuring out where all my time goes to! I'm up by 6:40am and am on the go non-stop until mid-night everyday! I continue to chauffeur kids around... to and from school, to the sporting practices & games, piano lessons, etc. However, I did something new this year. I took a couple of classes from our community college in Spring. I took Beginning Golf & Circuit Weight Training classes. Unfortunately I developed a right elbow bursitis that put an end to the activities for awhile. I seriously need to get back into some type of activities again. I have, however, made new friends and enjoy going out with them during the school hours (oh, I guess that's where some of those hours went... hehe). Oh well... it can't be all work and no play!
This year we found ourselves in a very unfamiliar territory... becoming parents of a high-school student. Yes, our oldest son, Christopher, is now a high-school student! We feel like we've ventured out into a whole new arena... watching him go to his first Homecoming Dance, High School KAYAMM to Tecate, Mexico, and grow into a fine young man. He is a very driven person and keeps himself challenged and participates on many extra-curricular activities such as Science Olympiad, music (oboe in HS band & piano lessons), sports (soccer & swimming), and KAYAMM. Of course, our other children gives us much joy as well.
Jeffrey is growing into more confident, charismatic young man. He is an 8th grader at Arden MS. He still prefers being a homebody, helping me around the house, but is willing to try something new every now and then. He started back on piano lesson this year. Although he doesn't enjoy practicing I find him playing his favorite jingles on the piano every now and then. He also continues to play soccer & swim.
Elizabeth is still a very sensitive, caring young lady. She is a 5th grader at Mariemont Elementary. She is very artistic and enjoys drawing & playing music (piano & flute). She has grown more social and is thriving in school... she was the runner-up in her school's Spelling Bee this year. She also continues to swim and was a power forward for her soccer team this year.
Rachel continues to be our bright, bundle of energy. She is a 3rd grader at Mariemont. Boy, it takes quite a bit to wear her out! We had to enroll her in many extra-curricular activities just to keep her occupied. She's taken up gymnastics this year and she's loves it! Even after a full workout at the gym she has energy left over! She keeps her teachers at school on their toes as well. She need some encouragement to read or practice piano, but she learns quickly. Her swimming time has improved dramatically this year, and thoroughly enjoyed playing midfielder in her soccer team this year.
This year we had many family celebrations. Four of my cousins got married this year; DongWook to Minju in May, Janie to Paul in June, James to Linda in October, and DongHoon to Eileen in November. We drove down to So. Cal. for each and every wedding and enjoyed celebrating with them. Another major celebration this year was the 70th Birthday of my mom. We had a very nice party with our family and friends at my sister Helen's house in Temecula.
We stayed home during the month of December, worn out from all the traveling and celebrating rest of the year. We celebrated Christmas with my brother Curtis & New Years with Eddie's sister Sung's family. I know that our children especially enjoyed spending time at home, relaxing and being thankful for all we have. 2007 has brought us much needed stability... more than we've ever had. We count our blessings everyday; good job for Eddie, allowing me to stay home for my family, for my four healthy children, for a warm home for our family, for providing us with everything that one could possibly need. For that we are grateful! We are looking forward to 2008 with open arms!

Our family would like to wish each and every one of you a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!
Eddie continues to work hard for our family. Fortunately he enjoys his job and, for the most part, working with his partners & other hospital staffs. Being a new partner to his practice, he took on additional responsibility as the "financial guy" on their Board. He find time, however, to keep his golf swings in check. He also took his first backpacking trip with the SKSDA English Group to Yosemite. He had a blast and plans to take Chris & Jeff with him next time.
I continue to be a full-time SAHM (stay-at-home-mom). I still have a hard time figuring out where all my time goes to! I'm up by 6:40am and am on the go non-stop until mid-night everyday! I continue to chauffeur kids around... to and from school, to the sporting practices & games, piano lessons, etc. However, I did something new this year. I took a couple of classes from our community college in Spring. I took Beginning Golf & Circuit Weight Training classes. Unfortunately I developed a right elbow bursitis that put an end to the activities for awhile. I seriously need to get back into some type of activities again. I have, however, made new friends and enjoy going out with them during the school hours (oh, I guess that's where some of those hours went... hehe). Oh well... it can't be all work and no play!
This year we found ourselves in a very unfamiliar territory... becoming parents of a high-school student. Yes, our oldest son, Christopher, is now a high-school student! We feel like we've ventured out into a whole new arena... watching him go to his first Homecoming Dance, High School KAYAMM to Tecate, Mexico, and grow into a fine young man. He is a very driven person and keeps himself challenged and participates on many extra-curricular activities such as Science Olympiad, music (oboe in HS band & piano lessons), sports (soccer & swimming), and KAYAMM. Of course, our other children gives us much joy as well.
Jeffrey is growing into more confident, charismatic young man. He is an 8th grader at Arden MS. He still prefers being a homebody, helping me around the house, but is willing to try something new every now and then. He started back on piano lesson this year. Although he doesn't enjoy practicing I find him playing his favorite jingles on the piano every now and then. He also continues to play soccer & swim.
Elizabeth is still a very sensitive, caring young lady. She is a 5th grader at Mariemont Elementary. She is very artistic and enjoys drawing & playing music (piano & flute). She has grown more social and is thriving in school... she was the runner-up in her school's Spelling Bee this year. She also continues to swim and was a power forward for her soccer team this year.
Rachel continues to be our bright, bundle of energy. She is a 3rd grader at Mariemont. Boy, it takes quite a bit to wear her out! We had to enroll her in many extra-curricular activities just to keep her occupied. She's taken up gymnastics this year and she's loves it! Even after a full workout at the gym she has energy left over! She keeps her teachers at school on their toes as well. She need some encouragement to read or practice piano, but she learns quickly. Her swimming time has improved dramatically this year, and thoroughly enjoyed playing midfielder in her soccer team this year.
This year we had many family celebrations. Four of my cousins got married this year; DongWook to Minju in May, Janie to Paul in June, James to Linda in October, and DongHoon to Eileen in November. We drove down to So. Cal. for each and every wedding and enjoyed celebrating with them. Another major celebration this year was the 70th Birthday of my mom. We had a very nice party with our family and friends at my sister Helen's house in Temecula.
We stayed home during the month of December, worn out from all the traveling and celebrating rest of the year. We celebrated Christmas with my brother Curtis & New Years with Eddie's sister Sung's family. I know that our children especially enjoyed spending time at home, relaxing and being thankful for all we have. 2007 has brought us much needed stability... more than we've ever had. We count our blessings everyday; good job for Eddie, allowing me to stay home for my family, for my four healthy children, for a warm home for our family, for providing us with everything that one could possibly need. For that we are grateful! We are looking forward to 2008 with open arms!
7 comments:
AWWWW...Happy New Year! We will find some time to get into some trouble during the kids' school hours...right?
happy new year... you are a GREAT role model...
thanks gina. i'm not sure about the "role model" business... only that i'm few years ahead of everyone on this parenting thing...
wow..you really are a supermom. maybe we can look to you for parenting advice! ;P
happy new year folks!
Hey Super Mom!
Yeah, let's get into trouble at the gym as well as over lunch!
half of jan has passed us by...time for an update?
Post a Comment