Tuesday, November 21, 2006

NorCal Retreat 2006 - Leoni Meadows
November 17-19

Sacramento Korean SDA Church youth, along with three other Northern California Church youth, spend a wonderful weekend up in Leoni Meadows with Dr. Billy Chung (from Georgia) as our guest speaker. Other three church in attendance were Napa, Rohnert Park, & Pleasanton Church. Kids from Jr. High school up to College (and some young ones at heart) gather together worshiping and fellowshiping with our fellow Christian brothers & sisters. It was even more enlighting in that Eddie and I were the parents this time. It seems like just yesterday when I attended these campmeetings.

Rohnert Park Youth were in charge of all the meals and I must say that I was more than impressed. You see, when they told us that registration fee covers food & lodging I was a bit skeptical and brought some "back-up plan" with us. Needless to say I did not need any back-up. They cooked not only enough but delicious meals for the whole group. Our boys, Christopher & Jeffrey, really enjoyed the retreat. Our girls, Elizabeth & Rachel, had fun as well although they were much younger than the rest.

For me one of the most enjoyable part of the weekend was to be able to see my old friend Billy. It has been about 11 years since we last saw each other. We have been friends since the 80's and have many memories. We used to go to Retreats like this one when we were youth. I'm sure our children have met friends from this weekend, and other Retreats, who will remain good friends for a long time like Billy and I have. It's funny to see your children go through these phases... because like I said before it seems like just yesterday when we were that young... oh well... I will post some pictures later as they become available.

No comments: