Friday, October 12, 2007

Eddie's New Toy ...
'69 VW Transporter Bus


What do men do when they have spare time and money? They buy toys! Most men will buy something fast and flashy, but not my guy. Eddie likes old and classy... old cars, old music, and yes, older woman... So why should I have been surprised at this purchase? Well, he's been looking at old VW's for a while, but I didn't think he'd really do it. I mean, why? His reply..."why not?" So while grabbing a bite to eat at Rubio's last weekend, he saw a guy pull into the parking lot with the "For Sale" sign on this bus. Both Eddie & Chris went out to check it out... talk to the guy... write down the info... they both LOVED it. Eddie plans on fixing it up... retro style... repaint the exterior... interior is all stripped and ready to be worked on. Yes, it runs... slow, but it runs. I will post the "after" photos once it is completed. We have an appointment next week with the VW specialist.

The previous owner had already started working on the car's exterior... you can see that he has smooth out the body... although we are going to have to repaint it. peach/black matte color just isn't doing it for me.

You can see that we need much more work done inside. However, we were told that it's much easier and cheaper to work on it than we first thought! Eddie works with couple of Old VW aficionado! That's one of the reason why Eddie felt comfortable purchasing this project. They both told Eddie that they would help him. Now visualize a retro, L shaped bench... with a removable table... think "diner"!



For now it sit on our driveway... waiting for its EXTREME MAKEOVER. We'll definitely keep you posted!

3 comments:

Grace said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Pastor told me about this...I think this is SOOO great. Man, I love the spontaneity of it too. Haha. So classic. Anyway, we DID play soccer last night at gym night! There was an indoor soccer arena, so we were running around playiing soccer. It was great. =) I looove playing soccer, but it's very physically demanding. Gotta work on my cardio.

But yeah, I absolutely love coming home...as you might have noticed by my faithful attendance every week. Haha. It's been therapeutic to say the least. Well, can't wait to see the VW makeover! See you soon Grace =)

Anonymous said...

Everytime I go over to ur place, it's been in the same spot for the last couple weeks...
can't wait til the makeover starts!

Grace said...

actually we've had it for a week tomorrow... but we'll get the MAKEOVER started soon.